Farm Transitions: Introduction to Commercial Vegetable Production
Introduction to Commercial Vegetable Production
Are you looking for a lucrative alternative to tobacco?
Are you hesitant about industrial hemp?
Join us for this informative meeting on commercial vegetable production. This meeting will provide a general exposure of getting started in commercial vegetable production. A sponsored lunch will be provided.
- Date: Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019
- Time: 7:45 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Location: N.C. Cooperative Extension, Franklin County Center
103 South Bickett Blvd.
Louisburg, NC 27549
Registration deadline is Friday, November 29th.
For more information, contact Colby Griffin, firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-496-3344.
• Dr. Rich Bonanno, Associate Dean, CALS & Director, NC State Extension: Moving Product Off the Farm, Business Models, Growing Lettuce
• Elena Rogers, Area Specialized Agent – Ag & Food Safety: Regulations, Audits & Things to Think About
• Erin Eure, Area Specialized Agent – Commercial Fruits & Veggies: Insects/Diseases of Cucurbits/Brassica/Fruiting Vegetables
• Craig Mauney, Area Specialized Agent – Commercial Fruits & Veggies: Direct Marketing & Considerations for Selling Wholesale
• Kevin Hardison, Marketing – N.C. Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services: NCDA&CS Resources You Might Not Know
SPONSORS: YARA, AgCarolina Farm Credit, Coastal AgroBusiness