Changes to GAP Billing Policy

— Written By and last updated by
For any growers completing voluntary USDA GAP audits in 2019, there is a new USDA billing policy. Growers will now receive two bills instead of one (one from the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services for conducting the audit, and one from USDA for processing the paperwork). Both services will charge at the rate of $108/hour. The policy is linked below.
Important: Growers must set up a billing account with USDA by completing the SC-430 New Vendor Form and submitting it to the USDA prior to the audit. This is a one-time thing and will not need to be done each year. If the facility was audited after October 1, 2018, they already have it on file. USDA has started sending the form out to any facility audited before October 1, and it is also linked below.