2021 Four County 4-H Poultry Show and Sale Register Soon!
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
2021 Four County 4-H Poultry Show and Sale – Entry Form
(Franklin, Granville, Vance, and Warren Counties)
Below is the registration form with the link embedded at the top of the form, so registration can be accessed from there. Registrations need to be entered through the Google Form.
PLEASE USE THE LINK TO REGISTER. Paper copy is for personal use only!
2021 Four County 4-H Poultry Show Rules and Regulations located at the following link: 2021 Four County 4-H Poultry Show and Sale Rules and Regulations >>
- Participant must be between the ages of 5–18, as of January 1, 2021, and reside or participate in Franklin, Granville, Vance, or Warren counties. Participants are recruited through correspondence, local 4-H clubs, and local media.
- This year, participants will attend a virtual strongly recommended meeting/workshop. It is encouraged that all participating families attend to receive pertinent information and publications on raising backyard flocks and to learn procedures of the poultry project. April 22, 2021, at 6:30 p.m. (Link will be shared closer to time in order to register for this meeting.)
Each participant will receive a maximum of 10 chicks, approximately the same age.
Participant will raise the chicks to maturity (or until the Four County 4-H Poultry Show and Sale) under the supervision of the guardians and Extension agents.
- Participant will be responsible for all expenses incurred while raising them (feed, medication, facility, etc.)
Participant will present 3 birds of each breed in the Four County 4-H Poultry Show and Sale on Saturday, October 23, 2021, at the Vance County Regional Farmers Market, 210 Southpark Drive, Henderson, NC. A qualified adult or youth will judge the show. An N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Poultry Inspector will inspect/test the birds for parasites/disease.
If participants DO NOT exhibit in the Four County 4-H Poultry Show and Sale, they will pay in cash $10.00 per bird received. (For example 10 birds x $10 = $100.00). The only exception to this is in the event of a confirmed disaster that destroys a flock. If you have a qualifying disaster, you must contact your local County 4-H or Livestock Agent immediately (within 24 hours) so they may verify the situation and/or provide photographic evidence.
- 4-H Poultry Record Book must be completed and turned in before the birds can be exhibited at the Four County 4-H Poultry Show and Sale. Record books are due October 15, 2021, by 5 p.m. to your local N.C. Cooperative Extension office. *If record books are not turned in, the participant will not be allowed to exhibit in the show. If record books are turned in late (after the deadline, but prior to the show), youth may participate in the show to gain knowledge and experience, but will forfeit all auction proceeds and prize winnings.
- Local business and interested individuals support the auction sale.
- All decisions by the judges are final. Direct criticism or interference with the judge, show or livestock show management, other exhibitors, breed representatives, or show officials before, during, or after the competitive event is prohibited. In the furtherance of their official duty, all judges, show, and livestock show management, or other show officials shall be treated with courtesy, cooperation and respect and no person shall direct abusive or threatening conduct toward them. Potential disqualification from future events after review is possible.
- Entry fees are $20 per participant. Entry fees are due with entry forms. Entry deadline is March 19, 2021, by 5 p.m. to your local N.C. Cooperative Extension office. Anticipated bird arrival date is late April-early May.
- Awards given at the Four County 4-H Poultry Show and Sale are as follows:
Ages 5-7: Receive a trophy
Junior Division (Ages 8-13) and Senior Division (Ages 14-18):
1st– 3rd Places receive a ribbon 1st – $20; 2nd – $15; 3rd– $10
All record book participants: Receive ribbon
Ages 5-8: Receive Medal
Ages Category: 8-10, 11-12, 13-15, 16-18:
1st – $15, 2nd – $10, 3rd – $5
Ages 8-18: Participation ribbon.
Grand Champion (1st) Per Breed: $40 + trophy
Reserve Champion (2nd) Per Breed: $20 + trophy
3rd Place Per Breed: $10 + trophy
13. All participants must show and sell 3 birds per breed selected at the Four County 4-H Poultry Show and Sale on Saturday, October 23, 2021. Money received from the sale: 50% to youth exhibitor and 50% to support the Four County 4-H Poultry Show and Sale. *Please Note: ONLY birds exhibited on the day of the show by participants in the Four County 4-H Poultry Show and Sale may be presented for sale at the Auction.
14. All participants must turn in thank you notes in order to receive their Four County 4-H Poultry Show and Sale checks. All thank you notes need to be turned in to your county 4-H office during the week of November 8-12, 2021.
Please do not hesitate to contact your local N.C. Cooperative Extension office with any questions about the 2021 Four County 4-H Poultry Show and Sale:
- Franklin – (919) 496-3344
- Granville – (919) 603-1350
- Vance – (252) 438-8188
- Warren – (252) 257-3640