2020 Farmland Preservation Workshops
Farmland Preservation workshops being conducted throughout North Carolina.
The North Carolina Agricultural Development and Farmland Preservation Trust Fund is hosting six free workshops throughout the state for landowners, local governments, and nonprofits interested in protecting their communities’ agricultural lands.
Workshops are free, but advanced registration is required. For more information and to register: Register online
Regional Farmland Preservation Workshops
In February, March, and April, regional conservation easement workshops will be held throughout the state. These workshops are for local government, land trusts, conservation nonprofits, and other entities involved in the application, recording, and monitoring of conservation easements.
Landowners interested in conservation easements for their working farm or forest may attend to learn more about the lifecycle of conservation easements.
The workshops are open to the public. Regional workshops will be held from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on the following dates and locations:
- Feb. 20 – Maxwell Regional Ag & Convention Center, 3114 Wayne Memorial Dr, Goldsboro, NC 27534
- Feb. 25 – Bob Martin Eastern Ag Center, 2900 NC-125, Williamston, NC 27892
- March 5 – N.C. Cooperative Extension, Iredell County Center, 444 Bristol Dr, Statesville, NC 28687
- March 10 – Chatham County Ag Center, 1192 US-64 BUS, Pittsboro, NC 27312
- March 17 – Owens Ag Center, 455 Caton Rd, Lumberton, NC 28360
- April 1 – Virginia Boone Building, WNC Ag Center, 765 Boylston Hwy, Fletcher, NC 28732