2018 Regional Tobacco Production Meeting & GAP Recertification Training
The 2018 Regional Tobacco Production Meeting and GAP Recertification Training will be held on Friday, January 12, 2018. The meeting will begin at 9:00 a.m. and conclude with lunch. We encourage you to stay for a short meeting following lunch at 1:15 p.m. to review conventional and organic tobacco budgets.
The location is the Granville Expo Center, 4185 U.S. 15 Oxford, NC. Doors will open at 8:15 a.m.
The meeting is designed to provide you with GAP recertification training as well as production information for the 2018 growing season.
Please note the important information below:
• Space is limited! Registration is required, and early registration is recommended.
• To register, call the Franklin County Extension Center at (919) 496-3344.
• Registration deadline is 5 p.m., January 5th, or when maximum capacity has been reached.
• Bring your GAP card to the training to be certain you receive credit. (A photo ID is required this year.)
• Bring your Pesticide License if you would like to receive pesticide credits (if you have misplaced your card, you may be requested to show a photo ID). 2 hours of pesticide credit will be provided in categories (NODX).
• You may wish to bring your GAP notebook, as we will be providing updated references and record keeping forms.
• We encourage only those who have contracts or plan to have contracts to attend this meeting.
• If you are unable to attend, note that there are several other meetings planned across the state. (see pg 2) Tobacco GAP Training 2018-Final
If you have questions concerning requirements or recommendations for GAP training, please contact your tobacco company representative.
View document: Tobacco GAP Training 2018-Final