Farmers’ Market Special
By: Pat Walker
Farmers’ Market Manager
Just the right size for one or many. If you are cooking for one or for many, this is a fail-proof recipe. As shoppers are selecting veggies they are often known to say, “It’s only me to cook for.” This is a healthy way to get a variety of good food, and if you are the cook for a family-size crowd, this dish can fill many a plate.
- First, the amount cooked is based on your need. Select the size dish you need.
- Have butter, shredded cheese, your favorite sausage, ground or link (Visit your local Farmers Market with this dish in mind.)
- Select your favorite veggies, and one that you are not used to eating and give it a try.
- Tomatoes, green peppers, red skin potatoes, eggplant, onion, corn cut off the cob, squash and a few pods of okra sliced thin.
- Cook sausage till done, set aside to drain and slice if link.
- Butter the casserole dish.
- Layer the veggies with large pieces first, topped by smaller ones.
- Top off with sausage and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours until potatoes are tender.
- You can make this as small or large as you desire.
Visiting your local Farmers Market always makes for a heart-warming recipe! Many thanks for always supporting your local farmers.